Friday, February 10, 2017

New England Patriots Super Bowl Champions


If you watched Super Bowl 51 you witnessed history in the making. With the Patriots being down 21-3 at half time it was expected almost certainly that the Atlanta Falcons would win. With yet another touchdown making the game 28 - 9, with the Falcons in the lead many stores and fans began preparing for the new Super Bowl Champions. If there's one thing you don't underestimate its Tom Brady. With 19 unanswered points in the 4th quarter alone, the Patriots were able to tie the game. With the help of James White and Julian Edelman's amazing receiving abilities, it almost seemed effortless. Even a game deciding two point conversion to tie the game was made with ease. If the Patriots wouldn't have made that two point conversion they would have lost. Finally the game went into overtime (the first Super Bowl to ever go into overtime). With the Patriots winning the toss to receive the ball I knew they were going to win. Tom Brady drove his team down the field to win the game with a toss to James White for the game winning touchdown. The final score was 34 - 28 and Tom Brady had officially brought home a fifth Super Bowl ring (breaking the record among quarterbacks for Super Bowl wins.)

Whether you dislike the Patriot's or have no favorite team, you have to admire the skill Tom Brady has. Apparently someone admired his skill so much that his jersey was stolen after the game. Although someone took his game winning jersey Tom was not upset. Tom was happy his team won and celebrated with his team and fans in the days to follow. Brady put up a massive 466 passing yards and two touchdowns. And even though the season was over, that didn't stop the team from celebrating like Gronk after their Super Bowl win!        

4 comments:

  1. I remember seeing that on TV and that was impressive to me even, and I don't know much about sports or care to watch much sports. Too bad that I went to bed early that night, because of how exhausted I was, so I missed most of the game. I am disappointed in that but I am glad that I at least got to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the super bowl and was for the Patriots! You did a really good job of bringing light to the power Tom Brady has and I agree completely. You also did a really good of telling those who didn't watch the super bowl how bad it looked for the Patriots at half time and how they climbed to victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe that the Patriots won that. I thought the Falcons were going to pull away with the win but clearly I was wrong. You are right about time Brady, the man is almost 40 and he shows no sign of letting age slow him down. Good job with the description of the Patriots' comeback. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch a ton of football, especially not pro league, but this was cool. I couldn't believe the come back from the patriots, it seemed almost impossible, but somehow they managed.

    ReplyDelete